We are looking for highly skilled and service minded Global Support Engineers to assist our growing list of customers with new and exciting projects.
Based in the Oslo, Norway, your responsibility will be to ensure Appear's Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. You will be working in our experienced support team and in close cooperation with our Development and Sales teams.
- Supporting our current and future deployed HW and SW based contribution and distribution video delivery solutions deployed world wide
- Being a technology evangelist that can advise customer concerning deployment, testing and end user feedback
- 2nd and 3rd line support and deep debug investigations
- Remote configuration, maintenance and diagnostics
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Technical training on Appear products
- Participate in Trade Shows and Exhibitions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent). BSc will also be considered with relevant experience
- In depth understanding in two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video distribution network
- Video compression
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols (CCNA preferred)
- Linux operating systems (specifically embedded systems)
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery systems
- Shows initiative, independent and courteous in all communication - Customer service and interaction
- 5 years experience an advantage
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement and in addition one Scandinavian language is preferred. Any additional language skills are advantageous. Traveling should be expected.
- A young, dynamic and exciting place to work with humor and energy
- State-of-the-art products and technology
- Inspiring customers and projects
- International work environment
- Competitive terms
We encourage you to provide an updated Poption/LinkedIn resume and upload an application cover letter, as you are more likely to be considered if you do so.
Cosmin Marius Idu, Technical Support Manager+47 454 13 502